MC Publishing Limited is committed to respecting your privacy and we recognise your need to know that your personal information is being lawfully processed and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This Privacy Statement is designed to help you understand how we may use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us in this website.
This website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
In general you may browse this website without providing any personal information. The information we collect on an aggregate basis, as you and others browse our website, is not used to identify you in any way.
MC Publishing Limited collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our websites or when you send us information or communications. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to, or could be linked to, any of the foregoing data.
“Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data.
Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Collection of Personal Data: We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your name, address and contact details when you choose to fill out one the various contact forms on our websites. We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, when, for instance, you make a purchase, respond to surveys and questionnaires, sign up to a newsletter, or enter a competition. If you contact us either through our our websites or directly via email, we will collect your name and email address in order to send you a reply.
What data do we collect?:
The categories of Personal Data about you that we may Process include:
- Personal details: information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, including: given name(s); preferred name; country; preferences
- Contact details: information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our services, including: postal address; email address; telephone number
- Device details: device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to our websites
- Usage details: information about your visits and use of the websites including geographical location, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation
- Transactional details: information relating to transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our websites, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services. On our websites, when collecting your credit card information for online purchases, MC Publishing Limited enables the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and industry-standard secured-server transactions that encrypt your Personal Data. To verify that you have a secure server connection, look for the locked padlock symbol in your browser window or the HTTPS-prefix in the Address bar
- If you register as a user and/or fill out forms on our site we will collect the following personal information from you:
- Your name and title
- Your company name
- A postal address
- A telephone number
- Your email address
The details you enter will be kept on our administrative database and we will use the information in future to contact you.
We will also use the details you give us to contact you with regard to your contract with us.
You may opt out of receiving information or advertisements from us at any time by contacting us.
We generally are not involved in any newsletter activity or email campaigns, however there may be need to make legitimate contact with you in the future.
We will not release any of you personal information you have submitted to us, to any 3rd party for whatever reason.
Access to your information
At any time you may ask us to:
- send a copy of your information
- remove your information from our records
- correct or update any of your information
If you have any questions or comments please contact us
Cookies and tracking
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enable us to personalise your visits to this website, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences and to track the usage of this website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of your computer by your browser. Your browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies (your browser’s help screen or manual will tell you how to do this), but please note that this may reduce the functionality of this Site and other websites.
Like all websites, our servers automatically record ‘log files’ containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. IP address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on site. We use log files to build pictures of how our site is used that help us to monitor and improve the service. We cannot identify you from these log files.
Changes to policies
All changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted here. Please visit this page regularly to stay up to date. Your continued use of the site following changes to the Privacy Statement will indicate your acceptance of them.
We are committed to working with you to resolve, quickly and fairly any complaints you may have about privacy. If you have any questions or comments please contact us through one of the methods given in the “Contact us” section of the website.
How to reach us
For access or correction of your information, contact us by letter, phone or email. Click here to contact us